JACK THE RADIO BADLANDS:
Raleigh, North Carolina's rising indie-roots-rockers Jack the Radio will release their first studio album in over three years on October 20th, 2015. The album, entitled Badlands, is a twelve song, two-act musical journey inspired by sci-fi Spaghetti Western themes, and features guest vocals from Elizabeth Hopkins (courtesy of Warner Bros. Records) and BJ Barham and cover art by David Paul Seymour.
The album will be released as a limited pressing on 12-inch colored vinyl (in bone white or splatter blue). Each record will come with a digital download card, and the first 100 pre-orders will also include limited edition posters designed by Alexis Ziritt.
Jack the Radio has worked their way to the upper-tier of Triangle bands, playing some of the areas biggest stages with acts including Hall & Oates at Walnut Creek Amphitheatre, George Thorogood at Memorial Auditorium, and the Cold War Kids at Red Hat Ampitheatre.
The band will celebrate the Badlands release at Lincoln Theatre on Friday, October 16th and have teamed up with Band Together, a volunteer-led non-profit organization, to raise money in partnership with KidzNotes through a portion of tickets sales.
Jack the Radio plays Lincoln Theatre Friday, October 16th, 2015
Young Yonder and Caleb Caudle open
Doors 8 p.m. / Show 9 p.m. - Tickets $10 Adv / $15 DOS
- Release of album on limited edition color vinyl in 'Bone White' and 'Splatter Blue'
- Guest vocals on “Wayfared Warriors” from BJ Barham of American Aquarium
- Guest vocals on “Criminals" from Elizabeth Hopkins courtesy of Warner Brothers Music
- Cover art by David Paul Seymour
- Indy Week video premiere for “My Way” live at Raleigh Denim prior to the album release
- Blurt Magazine video for “Moonlight” to coincide with the album release
- Release of music video for “Ain’t So Bad” to coincide with the album release
- Poster and label art by Alexis Ziritt (Black Mask Comics, etc)
- Release show at Lincoln Theatre on Friday, October 16th, 2015